Autonomous family networks and family directed groups are dedicated to fostering the strengths, dreams, competencies and enthusiasm of their member families to create inclusive, caring lives for all their members.
A society where people and their families are fully supported to live a regular life.
Family Alliance Ontario is a provincial organization which offers the necessary knowledge, resources, tools and networking opportunities to people with disabilities and their families. Our organization assists people in realizing their vision of having choice and control over their lives, as well as the creation of valued relationships. This enables individuals to experience community involvement through meaningful contribution and participation.
– Informed, involved and confident families are the most effective agents for social change.
– Families and people with disabilities are an essential source of expertise with respect to each other and to the community.
– People with disabilities must have the opportunity to lead all decisions which affect their lives.
– Families are an integral part in supporting people with disabilities in the decision-making process.
– People with disabilities have valuable gifts and contributions to make to their community.
– All people, regardless of disability, should grow up with family and have enduring lifelong relationships.
– All people, regardless of disability, have the right to quality, inclusive education.
– Be a strong family voice for positive change as per our beliefs.
– People with disabilities and their families have the confidence and assurance that they or their family members will have individualized, flexible, life long supports to enable them to live valued, productive lives in their community.
– People with disabilities and their families have the confidence and flexible, lifelong support, which enables them to live valued, productive lives in their community.
– People with disabilities and their families will have access to necessary resources, tools and support to strengthen their roles.
– People with disabilities will have choice and control of resources through self-directed, portable and individualized funding, which reflects the current cost of living.
– Autonomous family groups and networks receive ongoing financial support to ensure they can provide a safety net of mutual support for families.
– We will have strong local autonomous family groups and networks throughout the province of Ontario.
Family Alliance Ontario will be a strong provincial voice for families across Ontario.