- A society where people and their families are fully supported to live a regular life.
- Family Alliance Ontario is a provincial organization that offers knowledge, resources, tools and networking
opportunities to people with disabilities and their families; to assist them to realize a vision that includes
having valued relationships; choice and control in their lives; and enables inclusion through meaningful
contribution and participation in their communities.
- Be a strong family voice for positive change as per our beliefs.
- People with disabilities and their families have the confidence and assurance that they or their family members will have individualized, flexible, life long supports to enable them to live valued, productive lives in their community.
- People with disabilities and their families will build capacity towards true citizenship.
- People with disabilities and their families will have access to resources, tools and support that strengthens their capacity.
- People with disabilities will have choice and control of resources through self directed, portable, individualized funding and reflects the current cost of living.
- Autonomous family groups and networks receive ongoing financial support to ensure they can provide a safety net of mutual support for families.
- We will have strong local autonomous family groups and networks throughout the province of Ontario.
- Informed, involved and confident families are the most effective agents for social change.
- Families and people with disabilities are an essential source of expertise with respect to each other and to the community
- People with disabilities must lead all decisions which affect their lives.
- Families are an integral part in supporting people with disabilities in the decision-making process
- People with disabilities have valuable gifts and contributions to make to their community
- All people, regardless of disability, should grow up with family and have enduring lifelong relationships
- All people, regardless of disability, have the right to quality, inclusive education.
Family Alliance Ontario will be holding quarterly Family Engagement meetings, online using Zoom online video conferencing. Scheduled meetings are: August 8, 2019 Topic: Family Engagement Board Meeting Time: Aug 8, 2019 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Discover how CareMaps can help you understand and improve your family’s experience.
TWO Sessions: 2:00-4:00pm and 6:00-8:00 pm in Toronto.
FAO 2018 Gathering & AGM Don't miss out on Family Alliance Ontario's Gathering and AGM, September 14-16 2018 in Toronto! This is a great opportunity to reconnect with acquaintances, make new connections, share inspirational stories, engage in mutual learning and explore solutions to help move forward! The Uncovering the People's History Project will also have its official launch during at the gathering.