- every child, regardless of ability, should grow up with family and enjoy lifelong, enduring relationships.
- families and individuals with disabilities must be included in all decisions regarding their lives, such as activities, supports and services.
- people with disabilities must have the choices, control and support they need,afforded by self-directed, individualized funding.
- in inclusive education, inclusive lives in the community and the right of individuals to have the support they need to live with dignity and respect.
- people with developmental disabilities must be recognized, welcomedand included as full citizens of Ontario and as vital members of their community.
- both families and family networks play vital roles in effecting social change and together build strength, knowledge, competence and compassion and therefore, should be supported financially.